Island Boarders Surf School
Sharing the stoke since 2004!
Here in Island Boarders we all love surfing, ocean and the freedom that comes from surfing each wave. We are commited to this wonderful sport since 2004 and sharing our passion is what keeps us going every day!!! During all that time we have developed very effective teaching techniques suited for all levels and riding styles. What makes us stand out from the other schools is very effective communication, patience, friendly atmosphere and a safe learning environment.
Check out our surfing courses, watch the video and surfing gallery and feel free to contact us for more details or reservations.
This course is for people who have never put their foot on a board or have surfed once or twice before. Its aim is to introduce you to theory and practice of surfing, show you the basic surfing techniques and teach you to paddle out, catch waves, turn up and down and survive a wipe out.
Are you already catching green waves and riding down the line? You can paddle out and are comfortable in shoulder to head high waves? On improver surf course you we will take your surfing to another level and make you an independent and confident surfer.
During this individual surf training you will have private course tailored to your individual needs given by our most experienced instructor. Best suited for intermediate and advanced surfers that wish to focus on their style, turning techniques, reading the ocean and waves.
Sol y Mar Surf Camp
Surf package 7+5
Surf Package 7+5 includes:
- 7 nights in Sol y Mar with breakfast
- Rooms: 3-4 people per room
- Bed sheets and towels included
- 5 days of surf lessons (20 hours)
- All necessary equipment ( board, leash, wetsuit)
- Certified and patient instructors
- Third partyand public liability insurance
- Every day transport to the beach
Price: 299 Euro
We offer attractive discounts for groups and long term stay (1 week+)
Are you ready for a true surf adventure?
Beginner surf lessons
Beginner surf course is aimed at introducing you to this wonderful water sport and showing you the basic surf techniques. You will learn to control the board while lied down and seated, paddle and surf small “white water” waves in shallow water.
Key elements you will learn during the course:
- How to enter the water safely
- How to position yourself on the board (lying and sitting)
- How to paddle lying on the board
- How and when to stand up
- How to surf a small wave
- How to turn on the wave
If you are committed to learning surfing properly we recommend that you book more days (5-10 days).The longer the better chance you will have to improve your surfing skills and master following:
- Choosing the right time and place to paddle out (behind the breaking waves)
- Going under the waves (duck dive or turtle technique)
- Learning to observe the waves to choose the right wave to paddle
- Catching and surfing the “green waves”
- Learning to go along the wave (down the line)
- Turning up and down on the wave
Each day we will learn standing techniques, board control, paddling and wipe out survival!! In addition to that you will also be given theory lessons on types of breaks,surf board design, equipment, history and water survival and safety.
Intermediate surf lessons
Our Intermediate surf lessons are designed for surfers looking to fine-tune their surfing ability or take it to the next level. Our instructors join you in the water, analyze each wave you catch and provide detailed feedback to help you reach your surfing goals.
During the improver surf course you will focus on the following:
- How to adapt your bottom turn to the more varying waves and conditions encountered at the faster breaking wave surf spots.
- How to select surf gear that is adequate for your level;
- Improving yourpaddling, sitting, and wave-catching techniques
- How to improveyour positioning on line-up
- Timing, readingthe waves, and priority rules
- The hydrodynamicsof a surf board design
- Positioning yourbody for a bottom turn
- How to surfvarious types of waves
- How to gain speedand trimming
- Manoeuvrings:Off-the-lip, cutback, and floater